Similar to Mitzvah Day, Sadaqa Day is a day of social action in the Islamic Calendar. The word Sadaqa is often spoken about as the charitable giving of money, but Sadaqa is so much more. It is every deed, every act of giving, it is each movement in our service to others.
This year, Sadaqa Day falls on Sunday, 24th March. We have been approached by Children of Adam, who regularly help the homeless and vulnerable on the streets of Central London, to volunteer either on the day or in the lead up to it.
How can you get involved?
- Volunteer on the Day: Arrive at 5:30pm at Lincoln's Inn Fields in Holborn to assist with the set up or the stall and then assist with the distribution of items. Register on the next page!
- Donate Some Goods: Clothes, Tinned foods (with pull ring), Toiletries, Rucksacks, Sleeping Bags (suggested items further down the page). Either bringing them to the Synagogue on Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd March. Click here if you have questions.
- Sponsor a Week's Distribution: If you want to get involved but aren't able to do so in person this year, you can also sponsor Children of Adam in order to support their work. Click here to request more information.
Should you have any questions about the day, please do get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
Goods to Donate:
If you are stuck for ideas of what you can bring to add to the donations, here are a few ideas (NB this is not an extensive list):
- Tinned Food (Pull ring open - no need for Can Opener)
- Sardines are a particular favourite
- Good quality jackets
- Sanitary towels
- Large Rucksacks
- Sleeping bags
For internal use
Extra Event Info